Friday, September 24, 2010

Danny & Jo: Half-Snatch Workout


6:15AM
Half-Snatch x 10:00 (1:00 R/L)Danny: 20kg x 9RPM
Jo: 12kg x 5RPM


Jo and I woke up with the roosters today, which we hate! It was our first workout with the 12 & 20kg; what a wakeup call this was! She's been using the 8kg, and I've been using the 16kg.
The increase in weight was a rude awakening, especially at 6:15 in the morning! Mentally, I was not ready for it. Physically, my hands didn't seem to be ready for it. My callouses, which I had filed down prior to the workout, didn't take long to start acting up. I actually tore off a small part of the one on the middle of my left pinky finger. At least there was no raw skin showing. Neither of us had any blisters, but a tender spot or two for sure; just due to the increase in weight. Due to the increase in weight, my forearms were burning some, and my grip began to fatigue.
Obviously, the 20kg will be a challenge for me, for some time. Jo was equally challenged by the 12kg.
We may have to switch to a :30/:30 time format, to manage hand/forearm fatigue.

 ********************************************
  6:30PM - At the gym w/Shamus.

Barbell Squat: 111# :30/1:00 x 10 Rounds = 5:00 work time: 10RPM

*The squats felt great; one of the best workouts I've had in a while, probably could have done a few more rounds, with good form. I took a 5-Hour Energy shot about 30:00 prior to training; not sure how much of an effect it had, but either way, the workout was great!

We rested for about 5-7 minutes, and then did 10:00 of Jerks (1:00 R/L) I used a 24, and got about 9RPM. It was also a great workout, although the last 2-3 rounds were tough, due to my thighs being fatigued from the squats, but I made it.

I rested for about 10:00 or so, and then wrestled for about 30:00.

No comments: