Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Danny – Half Snatch for Time

16kg Half-Snatch for time:

1:00 p/hand x 24:00 x 14 RPM

 
 

Today (Monday)was my first non-stop Snatch workout. It felt good, overall. In the last few minutes, my forearms started to burn a little. I thought I was relaxing my grip pretty well in the rack position, but maybe it was just the volume.

Also, I started to get a tear in my right palm, and on my left pinky finger, so I decided to call it a day. Going into the workout, I wasn't sure how much I could actually do, but I was hoping I could get 30:00; so 24:00 was close enough.

Once I get to 30:00 with no issues, I will switch to the 20kg, and start over, working my way from 5:00 or so. At this point in time, I think the 20kg is my ideal weight, for a good balance of decent weight, that will challenge me on the longer sets. The 16kg was a challenge, but with consistent practice, it will become less of a one. Right now the 24kg is pretty heavy, as far as timed sets are concerned. I can snatch it in a ladder, or interval format, but not for time.

No comments: