Saturday, August 28, 2010

Barbell Squats for Time

Today was my first real workout with Squats for time. We used 111 lbs., and went for 5:00, at about 7RPM. I completed 31 total reps.
I wasn't sure what to expect from this weight/time, and although we both completed it, it was interesting. My legs felt ok, we tried to relax our legs during our 7-8 second rest in between reps.
The biggest issue for me was the tightness on the inside of my thighs...this got quite tense in the last minute or so. Afterwards, it kept irritating me, and I felt like I would be very sore, very soon. But we stretched out some, and due to the tightness we were feeling, we decided to drop the weight to 95#, and switch to a :30/:30 interval format.
We did this for 5:00, and I did 13, 13, 12, 10, 10. The soreness didn't really bother me, and this was about all I had in me for the day, considering I was headed to Judo right after, but we did one BW pull up ladder of: 10 8 6 4 2.

I think the intervals (:30/:30, or 1:00/:30 ??) would be better to start out with, squatting at a more steady pace. For me, I think about 9-11 reps per :30 would be a good start.

Britt, any thoughts/comments?

No comments: