Sunday, May 3, 2009

Recommended Products

The 'Recommended Products' Post from below, has been updated. Why? Well, since Anthony DiLuglio (Punch Kettlebells) has introduced a new, USA-Made Kettlebell, and it's VERY competetively priced. This is great news! Anthony DiLuglio produces many fine products, and his mentality is "I will do everything I can, to have my products made in the USA". And with this new USA kettlebell, he has raised the bar again.

Dragon Door was the only company offering a USA-Made bell, from 1999, to Mar. 2009. They said the USA foundries were to costly, and that they could not continue the USA production, and switched to a Chinese foundry/supplier. Dragon Door have always been the leaders in the kettlebell world, and will continue to be a dominant force. Hopefully this will encourage them to re-introduce the USA bells, because obviously, it CAN be done at a fair price.

Maxbells also have some very nice bells. The finish is a very smooth paint, with no texture. So far, I don't see this as a negative or positive, compared to other bells, just different. They have good spacing between the bottom of the handle and the body of the bell. Very nice.

In fairness to Dragon Door, I ended up with a 20kg Chinese bell, by mistake, and it is a very nice bell. If someone asked me, I would not hesitate to recommend them. But, if you want to support American workers in these rough times, there is only one choice...Punch Kettlebells.


4-3-10 Update: Lifeline USA, now offers USA-Made Kettlebells, at a very good price! I've put my hands on one, and they are very nice.

No comments: